Blaise Castle EstateAttractions
- All The Family
- Under 5s
- School Age
Blaise Castle Estate holds 650 acre Grade II* registered parkland including children’s play area, museum and castle. Admission is free, although access may be restricted on major event days. Blaise Castle Estate is open every day from 7.30am.
Closing times vary throughout the year:
- 7:30am - 5:15pm in November, December and January
- 7:30am - 6:15pm in February
- 7:30am - 7:15pm in March
- 7:30am - 8:15pm in April
- 7:30am - 9:15pm in May, June, July and August
- 7:30am - 8:15pm in September
- 7:30am - 7:15pm in October
To find out when the dairy garden and castle are open, see noticeboards at the estate.
There are two car parks; the main car park off Kings Weston Road at BS10 7QS and the small car park off The Dingle at BS9 2PA. The car parks close at the same time as the estate and are closed on 25 December. There is no charge for parking.
Facilities and features:
- Blaise Castle House Museum
- Blaise Hamlet (National Trust property)
- Blaise Castle
- Blaise Plant Nursery
- Dairy and gardens
- Children’s play area with areas for younger and older children
- Toilets with baby changing facilities: toilets closed on 25 December
- Benches and picnic areas
- BBQs are allowed as long as you raise them off the ground
- One cricket pitch
- Grassed space for play and sport
- Lily pond
- Horse riding, a two mile trail runs from Kings Weston Road car park to Kings Weston Down
- Orienteering, the course is managed by Bristol Orienteering Klub
- Nordic walking, sessions are run by Bristol Nordic Walking
- Buggy-friendly walking, Walks With Buggies has an accessible walking route
Blaise Castle Estate café
The café serves sandwiches, snacks, ice creams and drinks. Both indoor and outdoor seating is available. There are toilets including a disabled toilet block and baby changing facilities. There are cycle racks outside the café.
Cafe opening times
- October - March: Monday - Sunday, 9am - 2.30pm
- April - September: Monday - Sunday, 9am - 5pm
- Bank Holiday opening times: 10am - 2pm
- Opening times may change depending on the weather
There are footpaths in the estate and suitable walking routes for the whole familiy, including Castle walk, Gorge walk, Kings Weston Down walk, Rhododendron walk, and The Royals and St Mary's Church walk.